Writers -- Professor John Fischle and Bobbe Brooks-Fischle

Jul 16, 2023

I Met #Love on Twitter

 "You should get on Twitter."
For two years I deliberately dodged that idea, insisting, "I don't have time."
The prompting was from daughter, Angie, known on Twitter as @savvybabii. 
Daughter, Angie, @savvybabii 
Finally, like a frightened toddler, I stumbled along the shore of uncertainty into the rough waves of the expansive unknown--Twitterverse--stretching over the internet and around the world.

Patiently daughter, Angie, coached me through the confusing arena.  Amidst throngs of strangers @savvybabii spread love and kindness and taught me how to >>>>>>>>>
"Hug people with my words"
--as Author Cecil "Cec" Murphey says.

@chefdaveb
 Son, Dave, @chefdaveb extended a warm welcome, and introduced me to "friends" as I watched him zip from 900 Followers to over 50,000, while  he enthusiastically spread goodwill.
Daughter Ouida, @callmeoui
Later their sister, Ouida, @callmeoui, joined us shining her light of love and joy through Twitterverse. 

My family, as many others, were showing people over the world, what genuine, caring, patriotic Americans are really like. I mean really like--friends and not enemies!


As they sparkled along the Time Line introducing me to others, one of the first people I met was another Angie, @angels510 --a super-tweeter with 54K + followers. She introduced herself as "Angie from Silicon Valley."
And as Mother Teresa walked the streets of Calcutta spreading God's love, I was impressed with @angels510 tweeting love and inspiration around the globe. She acted as if each person was important and that they were special friends--including me.

As if welcoming me into her living room, @angels510 graciously helped me grow more comfortable amidst the strange arena of tweets.

Early on I complained, "Like a baby, I'm learning to crawl" and she replied, "LOL, I'm still crawling after 3 years. But faster than yr #1. You'll do well, and soon."

And I did grow more comfortable, because of encouragement from my family, @angels510 and other kind Tweeters.

In time @angels510 and I corresponded, with long, interesting emails--and I grew to know the brilliant, kind, tech savvy engineer and Social Media maven.

  Intuitive, "Silicon Angie" was highly ethical and sincere and did not play games--nor did she respect others who did. She could spot pretenders amidst 140 characters or less on Twitter. 

She wrote: "The one with the power to walk away wins."  

"Silicon Angie" spread love and light with her vast
community of followers, including my family, and I grew to love and respect her tremendously.

Then on October 30, 2014, that brilliant, Light of Love was snuffed out with a stroke. She left throngs of admirers in shock, as we tweeted our loss.
Angie S. @angels510
"Mother Teresa of Twitter"
As do so many, I miss Angie's wit, wisdom and love. I miss the great Lady who spread joy through Twitterverse.

Vast thanks to my daughter Angie @savvybabii for introducing us and sharing some of @angels510 's tweets.  

"The fragrance always remains in the hand
That gives the rose."
--@angels510


"Never try to outshine others,
Just beam your light and let people
Find their own way."
-- @angels510

"Being positive may not change my life,
But it does change my outlook of life."
-- @angels510

"Kindness is never out of style.
Wear it daily in your heart and on your face.
Be kind always. Smile a lot."
-- @angels510

"Me, a genius? Nah, I'm just a very practical woman.
Besides, I learned a few hard lessons 
From my 3rd-world experiences."
--@angels510
 
"Friendship does not thrive on demands.
Handle it with care."
--@angels510 


"Knowing I'm on borrowed time makes me very
conscious about how I live this 'one precious life.'
I've let go of the superficial stuff."
--@angels 510

One of her last tweets:
"Till we tweet again.
Signing off now to open my arms wide 
And meet today's beauty."
--@angels510

We miss @angels510 and desire to follow her example of loving God and others.

Another Twitter friend, Judy, @LUKIKA tweeted this gripping song. It reminds us to be prepared for the moment we follow @angels510 into Eternity. 




--written by Bobbe Brooks