Writers -- Professor John Fischle and Bobbe Brooks-Fischle

Mar 10, 2018

Wait…is that God’s Voice I hear?



Wait...is that God's Voice I hear?

Does God speak?  I mean really, does He speak?  And if so, can we hear Him?  I believe the stories in the Bible are true about God speaking to Abraham, Moses and others. But does God speak to anyone today? 

I can personally say, Yes, God does speak!  How do you know?” you ask.  Because I have heard Him speak.  Okay, before you click the ‘X” to close out this blog, hear me out for a moment.  I first recall hearing God’s voice about fifteen years ago. However, I’m quite certain He spoke to me before then, but I just didn’t realize He was speaking.  

As I began spending more and more time reading the Bible, I started hearing God speak.  When I was dealing with issues in my life, I opened my Bible and to my surprise, the Holy Words were addressing the very things I was going through.  This happened over and over again, until I realized that God was speaking to me.

I was amazed that God, the Creator of the Universe, would be concerned about such minute details in my life.  It made me realize that He is a personal God that truly cares about every problem that I face, that each of us faces, no matter how small. 

God speaks in the silence of the heart.  Listening is the beginning of prayer.”
--Mother Teresa

You may think this sounds like ‘hocus-pocus’ or the supernatural.  No, it is not hocus-pocus, but it is definitely supernatural.  God is a Spirit, we cannot see Him (at this time), but He is real, and He is with us. Can you see the wind?  No, but you know it’s real when you feel it and see its power.  That’s the same with God.  You cannot see Him, but He is definitely real, and He wants you to see His power.
The God who fills this Universe, yearns to have an intimate relationship with each of us. He wants us to know that He is real. He longs for us to spend time with Him, so He can speak to us and help us with all situations and problems in our lives. 

Have you heard God speak?  I invite you to ask Him to speak to you today. You will not be disappointed.

“My sheep respond as they hear My voice; I know them intimately, and they follow Me”
(John 10:27 The Voice).

--Beth Brandt