May 19, 2014

A Life Changing Thought




 Ahhh,  the road of life~
What lies ahead for you and me
Today, tomorrow or next week?
We just never know.


One thing for sure:
Life is filled with surprises.



One morning while traversing a rough road of uncertainty,

I picked up Madeleine L' Engle's journal and
Here's what I read:




"There are three ways you can live life ~ 
 You can live life as though its all a cosmic accident...
Maybe you can live life as though everything's a bad joke.
I can't.

Or you can go out at night and look at the stars and think, 
yes, they were created by a prime mover,
and so were you, but he's aloof perfection, impassible, indifferent to his creation...
You don't matter to him,
I don't matter to him except possibly as a means to an end.
 I can't live that way either.


Then there's a third way:
To live as though you believe
That the power behind the universe is a power of love,
A love so great that all of us really do matter to him.
He loves us so much
That every single one of our lives has meaning;
He really does know about the fall of every sparrow,
and the hairs of our head are really counted.

That's the only way I can live."

--Madeleine L’Engle

From her Journal


Wow, how encouraging--
To stop amidst life's busyness and
Sometimes craziness --
And
Connect with
Reality--
And
HIM
Who is Love--
And
Re-charge.
With hope and love,
Hop back on the road of life with
A deep inner Joy
And
A solid sense of purpose that
Causes our hearts to
Leap, dance and sing.


Thank you Madeleine L'Engle for
Writing those words of truth...
That provided a
Life changing thought.

That's real L-I-V-I-N-G!

No comments: